Wednesday, April 22, 2009
The Greek Goddess Imortasia
We have just returned from a very fruitful shopping trip to Miami. However, whilst there, we seem to have stumbled upon a weird North American habit. We ate out one night in a resturant called "the Forge". It's been around for years and the food is good. But the strangest thing was that I seemed to be invisible to the waiters. "Here is the menu Sir"; "Would Sir like an apperitif?" Right down to "Enjoy your dinner Sir". If I asked a question, they would answer it looking at Sir. The only time they did address me (when we first walked in), they referred to me as "Miss". Once we'd settled down to our starter, I said to Sir, "what's with all the Sir this and Sir that? They even said "enjoy your dinner Sir", as If I'm not allowed to enjoy mine!" Sir's response was fantasatic, "Ah, you see, I phoned ahead and told them I was coming with the Greek Goddess Imortasia, and she's invisible to all except me!" He must have called ahead to a number of other restaurants too, because it wasn't just the Forge waiters that couldn't see me (although they were extreme). Strange indeed. But Greek Goddess Imortasia I now am to unsuspecting American waiters. Pity I don't have Medusa's powers though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment